NEWS FLASH!

Friday, August 6, 2010

THE WORLD AS I SEE IT!!!

Bookmark and Share
How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn and we pass through this world but once, for what purpose we may not even know, though sometimes we think we sense it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exist for other people - first of all, for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own HAPPINESS is wholly DEPENDENT, and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose DESTINATIONS we're bound by the ties of SYMPATHY.

Indeed, we humans are SOCIAL beings. We come into the world as the result of others' ACTIONS. We SURVIVE here by direct or indirect DEPENDENCE on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not BENEFIT from others' actions or inactions. For this reason it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our RELATIONSHIPS with others.

We're all pieces of the same ever-changing puzzle; some connected for mere seconds, some connected for life, some connected through knowledge, some through belief, some connected through wisdom, some through Love, and some of us connected with no explanation at all. Yet, as spiritual beings having a human experience, we're all here for the sensations this reality or illusion has to offer. The best anyone can hope for is the right to be able to Live, Learn, Love then Leave an indelible mark.

It is for this reason that every day when I wake up, I ask myself, I've only but one life and it soon will be gone. What will remain of the things that I've done? Will I be remembered as someone who cared? Someone who sympathized? Someone who shared? Will the things that I did while on earth be worthwhile? Have I lightened a load? Gone the second mile?
Did I put off my ambitions on hold to help someone else in reaching their goal? Did I spend time counting the seconds or did I make every second count?
Indeed, if I can say YES to these things, and more, then I'll not be ashamed when I reach Heaven's shore. I will hold my head high, when I'm called by my Lord to stand before God to receive my reward.


A hundred times each day, we must remind ourselves that our inner and outer life is based on the labors of other men, living and dead and that we must exert ourselves in order to give in the same measure as we’ve received and still receiving.

We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection. Indeed when we begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both MORALLY wrong and PRAGMATICALLY unwise to pursue only one's own happiness oblivious to the FEELINGS and ASPIRATIONS of all others who surround us as members of the same HUMAN FAMILY. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own HAPPINESS!!




No comments:

Post a Comment